To me, summer is all about warm weather, outdoor fun...and ice cream.
Pure, creamy, luscious, delectable, delicious ice cream.
Which is probably why I've made it my own personal mission to visit as many ice cream shops as possible this summer all throughout Cleveland. They have included, among others:
- Rosso Gelato in Rocky River
- Scoops in Tremont
- Churned in Tremont
- Sweet Moses Soda Fountain & Treat Shop in Cleveland
- East Coast Custard in Fairview Park
- Weber's in Fairview Park
- Jeni's in Chagrin Falls
- Honey Hut in Cleveland
- Mitchell's in Ohio City
- Piccadilly Artisan Creamery in Cleveland
- And of course, the quintessential standby, Dairy Queen (multiple locations!)
Now if you're inclined, you can so very easily make your own ice cream at home. I've got a great ice cream machine that works wonders. Quickly. Easily. Effortlessly.
But whether you make or buy your own ice cream, it's always fun to put together a cold concoction.
For a visual depiction of how to make a root beer float, sundae, and banana split, just take a look at the following posts. Then excuse me while I go fix myself one, or two, or all three of them. P.S. I do plan to share, though. (Maybe.)