er-ra-ta, noun: a list of errors in a printed work discovered after printing (Latin)
So there you have it, folks. The definition of errata -- because mistakes happen.
I wish they didn't...and believe me, lots of people did all they could to ensure that they didn't. But they did. So here they are below.
P.S. The first four errata have been corrected in the book's third reprint.
P.P.S. If any of you eagle eyes out there happen to find any others, please do let me know.
- Page 17 - "Istara Oursau Iratay" should be "Istara Ossau-Iraty"
- Page 32 - "7 fresh gooseberries" should be "8 fresh gooseberries"
- Page 57 - "Bake for about 8-10 minutes" should be "...about 10-12 minutes."
- Page 101 - "7 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French baguette" should be "8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices French baguette"
- Page 145 - The first sentence in step 1 for the Capellini Caprese recipe should be deleted. Instead, it should start with the second sentence: "Bring 2 to 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepot."