Boy, was I wrong!
I got so many requests for the recipe of the pictured Cranberry-Tangerine Scones that I figured I better 'fess up right here and now and share it with you. (Didn't mean to be so stingy. Honest!)
So, for all you fellow scone lovers, here ya go!
CRANBERRY-TANGERINE SCONESMakes about 12
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar (preferably turbinado) plus more for sprinkling
2 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
6 T. COLD unsalted butter, diced
1 c. heavy cream
1 cup dried cranberries (preferably chopped)
1 tangerine, zested and juiced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- Mix first 4 ingredients together. Add butter and mix to a meal.
- Add cream and mix just until incorporated.
- Add cranberries, zest, and juice and mix only until all ingredients are evenly distributed. DO NOT OVERMIX! Form into a ball.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface. Flatten to about 1" thick.
- Cut shapes out using a heart-shaped cookie cutter (or other plain shape, such as round or square).
- Place scones on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown, preferably rotating halfway through baking.
- Let cool on rack, then enjoy!